Today I had my mid unit review, this really helped me today as it has shown me that I am on track to pass and that has helped my confidence a lot.
We went through my line-up today and I got a lot of feedback of what I had done and what I needed to do which was really helpful and I know how to improve it now, I had been struggling to do this, not because it was the best thing I had ever seen but because I am not the most technically skilled, but I was told some ways to sort things and I feel like I will be able to do it, I know I will because I won’t let myself give up.
Throughout my tutorials over the past few weeks it has been suggested that I begin to look at pockets and their placement throughout my garments, today I began to explore the different types of pockets as well as thinking about where to put them. I am considering putting a welt on the inside of the garment, I will continue to sample pockets tomorrow until I find the perfect ones. At the moment I still really want to have the pocket I sampled a few weeks ago that had a patch pocket with a flap and a welt pocket as well.
I have been thinking a lot about how I want the garment to be finished off on the inside and out, I will be having a full lining and I am thinking about having piping on the inside between the lining and the facing seams. I feel that a rust coloured piping will be a good way to join the rust dyed lining to the grey Melton wool, giving an interesting and vibrant contrast.
Hello, Eleanor here, I am currently at Norwich University of the Arts studying Fashion, please join me along my adventure.