Todays briefing has given me a lot to think about in the way of which direction I want to take the project. I am really interested in sustainability so I think this is probably going to be my starting point and I will go on from there.
Sourcing new materials:
Buttons- I had originally thought to use original Royal Navy buttons however now I have all of my final fabrics, I feel like they don’t fit at all and make the jacket look cheap, which is not what I want, I went to Anglian fabrics today and came across some new buttons, I much prefer these as I feel they fit the colour a lot better. I spoke to sue again this afternoon and she suggested that I buff the buttons with sand paper to make them more matte, as she thinks that will make them look more expensive.
Lining- over the weekend I sorted out my rust dyeing, unfortunately I have had it dyeing for the past 4 weeks and they just haven’t done enough so I have spent this afternoon sourcing new materials, I have a lot of samples on their way
Piping- After my session with sue this morning I am going to experiment with some piping which will help to make the production of
Neck chain- I also managed to get a chain, this is going to make it look a lot more professional and expensive.
Today I finished all of my final patterns for my jacket ready to cut out on Tuesday. I am really pleased with the final out come of my toile and I look forward to seeing it in the final fabrics.
Hello, Eleanor here, I am currently at Norwich University of the Arts studying Fashion, please join me along my adventure.